Swanson Natural imports our lamb racks from New Zealand. All lambs are raised outdoors with healthy diets of natural grasses, crops and grains. The taste of our lamb can be described as mild, yet delicious and flavorful. Naturally raised lamb is perfect for a delicious meal on any occasion. Lamb Racks very in size, our racks are 26-28 oz.
- 100% All Natural
- USDA Choice or Higher
- Certified Halal
- Natural Diet – Grass, Crops, & Grains
- Imported from New Zealand
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Place the rack bone side down in a roasting pan.
- Cover exposed part of the bones with aluminum foil.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes.
- Use an instant-read thermometer, to check the internal temperature. Use chart below for doneness.
- 110-115 F - Rare
- 120-125 F - Medium Rare
- 130-135 F - Medium
- 140-145 F - Medium Well
- Remove and let rest for 7 to 10 minutes before serving.
- USDA recommends cooking to a minImum internal temperature of 145 F.
Thyme & Fennel Roast Rack of Lamb
- 1 Frenched Rack of Lamb, 2 garlic clove finely chopped, 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme, 1 teaspoon fennel pollen or ground fennel seeds, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Let the lamb rack rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Sprinkle the lamb generously all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy 10-inch skillet over high heat.
- Place the lamb rack in the pan, fat side down, and sear for 1 to 2 minutes. Flip to the backbone side and sear for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the garlic, thyme, fennel, and oil in a small food processor and process to make a paste. Smear over fat side and ends of the roast.
- Place rack bone side down in a roasting pan. Cover the exposed part of the bones with aluminum foil.
- Roast for 12 minutes. Use an instant-read thermometer, internal temperature should be 120 F to 125 F for medium-rare. If you prefer your meat a little more well done continue to cook rack for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove rack from oven, and loosely cover with aluminum foil, let the rack rest for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Carve the roast between the bones and serve.
Serving Size: 3 - 4 People