Even though Bison tastes similar to a high quality cut of beef, Bison stands out as being much higher in nutrition and protein. Buffalo contributes about 69% more iron to your diet than beef; with higher levels of vitamins, minerals, and twice as much Beta-Carotene as grain-fed beef. It's also high in essential fatty acids and has an excellent ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 acids. All things considered, it's a perfect way to enjoy the full, rich flavor of beef without the guilt.
- 100% All Natural
- No Hormones or Antibiotics
- Naturally Leaner
- High in Protein & Iron
- Raised Naturally on North American Plains
- Product of USA
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Shape ground bison into 1/2" thick patties.
- Lightly oil grate.
- Grill 4-6 inches above medium hot heat/coals.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes or just until the pink has disappeared from the patties, turning once.
- Use instant-read thermometer to check internal temperature has reached 160 F.
*Be careful not to overcook Bison as it will cook faster than beef because it contains little fat content.
Bison Bacon Burger w/ Blue Cheese
- 6 1/3-lb. bison patties, 6 bacon strips, 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, fresh arugula, salt and pepper, 6 burger buns, 2-3 tablespoons of good quality mustard.
- Season the patties with salt and pepper.
- Preheat your outdoor grill on high.
- Place bacon strips in a large frying pan over medium-high heat and cook until crisp on both sides.
- Place patties on the hot grill, close lid and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip, close lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Flip once more, turn heat to medium and cook until juices run clear. Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure the internal temperature has reached 160 F.
Serving Size: Serves 6.
* Be careful not to overcook as Bison cooks faster than beef, because of its low fat content.