Our All Natural Choice New York Strip Steak is a classic steakhouse steak. Cut or “stripped” from the short loin, it is one of the most popular of all steaks. This steak is primarily made of one large muscle, the longissimus dorsi that runs along the animal’s lower back. Due to large amounts of intramuscular fat, the New York Strip delivers an extremely tender cut as well as very good flavor. This extremely tender, well-marbled & flavorful steak is the perfect steak for grilling events.
- 100% All Natural
- USDA Choice Angus Beef
- Aged a Minimum of 21 Days
- Professionally Hand Cut Steaks
- Certified Humane
- Vegetarian Diet
- Product of USA
- Layer coals once glowing, we recommend having separate areas of two and three layers of coals.
- Test intensity of heat by holding your hand above the grate. You should only be able to hold your hand over the grate for 2 seconds.
- Let coals continue to heat until the grate is very hot. Additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Oil grate by moistening a paper towel with vegetable oil, using tongs to hold the towel, rub it all over the grate.
- Place meat on grill over high-heat area, cover the grill. Grill meat for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until deeply brown but not charred.
- Once steak is nicely seared, move to section of grill with low heat, cover the grill and grill-roast for 10-15 minutes or until internal temperature reaches your preferred doneness, see below:
- Very Rare: 110-115 F
- Rare: 120-125 F
- Medium Rare: 125-130 F
- Medium: 130-135 F
- Medium Well: 140-145 F
- Well Done: 150-155 F
Disclaimer: The USDA defines a minimum safe internal temperature of 145 F for steaks, chops, and roasts. At 145 F the meat will be cooked to medium doneness, if you prefer your meat less done follow the guide above.
- Preheat all burners, then adjust so you have one section at full heat, another at moderate heat, and a third with no heat.
- Follow same instructions for cooking on a charcoal grill, moving the meat if it cooks too quickly and chars.