Swanson Natural sources our lamb from American ranchers throughout the Midwest. All lambs are raised outdoors on a healthy diet of natural grasses, crops and grains. Our lamb has been described as mild, yet delicious and flavorful. Naturally raised lamb is perfect for a delicious meal on any occasion.
- 100% All Natural
- USDA Choice or Higher
- Certified Halal
- Natural Diet – Grass, Crops, & Grains
- Locally Sourced From Midwest Farms
- Product of USA
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Form ground lamb into 1/2" patties.
- Lightly oil grate.
- Cook 7-9 minutes per side. Juices should run clear when fully cooked.
- Use instant-read thermometer to check that internal temperature has reach 160 F.
Mediterranean Stuffed Zucchini
- 1 lb. Ground Lamb, 1 extra-large zucchini (halved lengthwise), 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 sweet onion chopped, 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, coarse salt to taste, ground pepper to taste, 1 can tomato sauce, 2 tomatoes chopped, 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, 1/2 cup pine nuts, 1/4 cup mint leaves, 1/4 cup water, 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs, 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Use a melon baller to separate and remove seeds and pulp separately from the zucchini, carving out each half and leaving about a half-inch shell. Chop zucchini pulp into pieces about 1/4 inch in diameter. Discard seeds.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and garlic in a hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add ground lamb; continue to cook and stir until lamb is lightly browned, 5 to 7 minutes. Stir chopped zucchini into the lamb mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer mixture until the zucchini is hot, about 3 minutes. Drain excess grease. Season lamb mixture with coarse salt and black pepper.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir tomato sauce, tomatoes, feta cheese, pine nuts, and 1/4 cup mint leaves through the lamb mixture; spoon into the zucchini halves. Put stuffed zucchini halves into a large baking dish. Pour water into the baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Mix bread crumbs and mozzarella cheese in a bowl. Sprinkle 1/4 cup mint leaves over the zucchini and top with the bread crumb mixture. Continue baking until the top is crusty and browned, about 10 minutes more.